(Bottom middle) Ahmad Othman Merican popularly known as Che Teh; (Top left) Ali Othman Merican
K’Seena House (originally named Pondok K’Seena) was purchased from its original location in Tumpat in 1939 by Dr Ali Othman Merican from a wealthy Chinese merchant and erected on a 1.5 acre plot of land in Telipot, Kelantan. He aptly named his residence Pondok K’Seena. After his passing, the house was occupied by his son Dato Dr Haji Ezanee Merican and his family through the 1950’s and 1960’s. It was later occupied by Dr Ali Othman Merican’s other son Sidique Ali Merican and his family. The last of Dr Ali Othman Merican’s children to occupy the house was his daughter Lylone Merican’s and her family.
Dato Dr. Ezanee Merican
The house then lay vacant for a couple of years until it was finally dismantled by Dato Dr Haji Ezanee Merican; plank by plank, tile by tile and moved to its current location in 1997.